Mike Pryde

My name is Mike. I come from Dunedin, but I lived in Japan for about twenty years. I am 52 years old, but I feel very young. I like cooking; for example, curry, reading; especially, horror stories. My favourite writer is Edgar Alan Poe. His stories are very scary, especially if I read them at night when it is raining and windy. I also like listening to music, in particular, jazz. My favourite artist is Melody Gardot. She plays the guitar and can sing very well. She helps me to relax. I also like to keep fit, so I ride my bicycle and skip. I skip every day for two minutes. Two minutes does not seem a long time, but it is very hard and I am very tired when I finish. I work as an English teacher at the university. I think I am good at communicating to other people, but my bad point is that I can’t say “no.” In the future I want to publish a book about communication. I look forward to meeting you.

Comments

  1. What did you feel when you lived in Japan? And did you go somewhere in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it’s great time to read books listening to jazz music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am not very good at communication so I want to learn communication from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post, Mike! Fascinating to know that you are an Edgar Poe fan. I still quite vividly remember reading 'The Tell Tale Heart,' for the first time, in a collection of graded short stories for ESOL students. It had a visceral impact on me. As for jazz, give me Ella Fitzgerald or Diana Krall. Many of the classic jazz standards, when you think about it, have lyrics of a good deal of intelligence and wit and the best of jazz vocalists bring the genius of their interpretation to them & this is the icing on the cake. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Actress Survives Crash -- Mei Sakata